Read article HERE
This past week the American Government almost SHUT DOWN due to funding issues. Ironically I was learning about what the government has spent its money on since the Cold War - the majority of it going to defense.
After thinking about it I realized how crazy it is that things like Education and health care (among others) are constantly under funded - especially in the South. I understand that the US has to keep their Military (and everything associated with it funded) it should not affect the funding that other sectors receive.
This past week was a wake-up call for our politicians that the American government can not continue to do business the way it has previously. Until things change, the deficit will continue to increase and leave the American people to pay for mistakes unknown to them for the rest of their lives.
No comments:
Post a Comment