Sunday, March 13, 2011
Planned Parenthood debate.
As I got back from my spring break trip I learned that congress voted to stop funding for Planned Parenthood. To some Americans Planned Parenthood is just an organization that does free abortions, but to others it is so much more. From sex education to giving out free birth control, I believe this organization is something that we all could benefit from. In a day and age where sex is no longer 'taboo', is happening at younger ages and teenagers are watching shows like "16 & Pregnant" we need organizations like Planned Parenthood to attempt to keep teenage pregnancies low. This federal funding cut challenges the moral ethics of congressmen (and women) and is not beneficial to the American public.
Students at Wesleyan University in Connecticut made a video entitled 'I have Sex' in support of Planned Parenthood. I support them, do you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment